Classes begin quarterly
Become a cybersecurity analyst online in 24 weeks
Big data needs big protection. In just the last two years, 90 percent of the world’s data has been created.* As computer networks grow, so too does the quantity of vulnerable information.
The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at the University of Sydney is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attain proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, Cloud+, and certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through convenient evening classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
Is The Cybersecurity Boot Camp right for you?
If you are eager to become a digital defender and learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes, or if any of the below describe you, enrolling in this program could help put you on the path to achieving your goals:
- You are currently working in a technical field and want to expand your cyber knowledge, better understand how to keep data secure, and learn hands-on skills to apply on the job.
- You are a part of a company that has urgent cybersecurity needs to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data and software.
- You understand the growing need for cybersecurity professionals and want to become a part of making the internet a safer space.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to start your career in tech and get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us today.
Building on the basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires not only deep security knowledge but also experience with the application of that knowledge. Our curriculum is designed to give you both the knowledge you need to move toward the cybersecurity industry and ample experience applying that knowledge to real-world problems.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at the University of Sydney, you get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You’ll learn from skilled trainers and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum* will dive into the foundational skills for cybersecurity, including:
- Packet analysis
- Windows and Linux administration techniques
- Windows and Linux hardening
- Secure network design and architecture
- Risk management
- Vulnerability assessment
- Identity and access management
- Cloud security
Ethical hacking and penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Web vulnerabilities and security
- Digital forensics methods
- Penetration testing
- Vulnerability assessment
- Security operations and analytics
Programming and scripting:
- Bash scripting
- PowerShell scripting
*The material covered is subject to change to ensure its currency and based on academic review.
By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities
- Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud, and investigate cloud security risks
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
- Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks
How to apply to The Cybersecurity Boot Camp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An admissions team member will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrolment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrolment agreement and paying your deposit.
The Cybersecurity Boot Camp schedule
Part-time cybersecurity program
- Length: 24 weeks
- Schedule: Classes are held three days a week, speak with admissions for details.
- Coding, part-time Soon
- Cybersecurity, part-time 28 August 2023
- FinTech, part-time 17 July 2023
Frequently asked questions
Our coding boot camp is held through our online classroom experience. Call us at +61 2 8310 8695 for more information on how to apply.
While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
No, applicants to The Cybersecurity Boot Camp do not need to be University of Sydney students. This program is a collaboration between the University of Sydney and edX.
The cost of the part-time program is $12,250 excluding GST.* A six-month interest-free payment plan is available for flexible installments.
Interest-Free Study Pay 24-month Payment Plan: Learners can apply for this extended payment plan option. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your seat in class. The rest of the tuition will be split into twenty-four equal monthly payments.
Fill out the online form to speak with admissions to get more details or learn about other available financial options.
*Tuition is subject to change
Important Note: Any loan arrangement you enter with Study Loans Australia Pty Ltd, or any other third party, is an arrangement directly between you and the loan provider; any loan you receive is not provided by either edX Boot Camps or the University Sydney. Neither edX Boot Camps nor the University Sydney receive any commissions or payments for referral or successful loan applications. The lender’s loan approval criteria will apply and you should consider the terms and conditions of any loan carefully. We are not credit advisors. We make no representations about whether you will be given a loan or whether a loan will be suitable for you, and recommend you seek your own independent advice before entering into any loan arrangement. We are not responsible for representations made to you by any credit provider.
This is a non-award program. At the completion of the course, participants receive a Statement of Completion, plus have a robust portfolio of projects to showcase their skills to potential employers. The Statement of Completion is not a qualification recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Ready to learn more about The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at the University of Sydney? Contact an admissions adviser at +61 2 8310 8695 or fill out the form below.