Classes begin quarterly
Become a fintech professional online in 24 weeks
Sydney financial technology boot camp
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are all increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing algorithms, machine learning, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
- Through hands-on classes in a convenient part-time format, The FinTech Boot Camp at the University of Sydney gives participants the knowledge they need to move toward the financial technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, individuals gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, participants get equipped to become employer competitive.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us today.
Learn financial technology and analysis
You will obtain marketable skills, learning how these fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-series analysis
- Financial ratios
- Financial analysis
Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Smart contracts
- Consensus algorithms
- Distributed ledger
- Truffle Suite
Machine learning applications in finance
- Algorithmic trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear regression
- Financial modeling
- Logistic regression
- API interactions
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change to ensure its currency and based on academic review.
Gain real-world fintech skills
The FinTech Boot Camp at the University of Sydney takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Participants who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest
How to apply to The FinTech Boot Camp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An admissions team member will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrolment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrolment agreement and paying your deposit.
The FinTech Boot Camp schedule
Part-time fintech program
- Length: 24 weeks
- Schedule: Classes are held three days a week on a convenient part-time schedule, speak with admissions for details.
- Coding, part-time Soon
- Cybersecurity, part-time 21 November 2022
- FinTech, part-time 5 December 2022
Frequently asked questions
No programming or finance experience is required, however it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
No, applicants to The FinTech Boot Camp do not need to be University of Sydney students. This program is a collaboration between the University of Sydney and Trilogy Education Services (Australia) Pty Ltd., a 2U, Inc. brand.
The cost of the part-time program is $12,250 excluding GST.* A six-month interest-free payment plan is available for flexible installments.
Interest-Free Study Pay 24-month payment plan: Learners can apply for this extended payment plan option. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your seat in class. The rest of the tuition will be split into twenty-four equal monthly payments.
Fill out the online form to speak with admissions to get more details or learn about other available financial options.
*Tuition is subject to change
Important Note: Any loan arrangement you enter with Study Loans Australia Pty Ltd, or any other third party, is an arrangement directly between you and the loan provider; any loan you receive is not provided by either Trilogy Education Services (Australia) Pty Ltd or the University Sydney. Neither Trilogy Education Services (Australia) Pty Ltd nor the University Sydney receive any commissions or payments for referral or successful loan applications. The lender’s loan approval criteria will apply and you should consider the terms and conditions of any loan carefully. We are not credit advisors. We make no representations about whether you will be given a loan or whether a loan will be suitable for you, and recommend you seek your own independent advice before entering into any loan arrangement. We are not responsible for representations made to you by any credit provider.
This is a non-award program. At the completion of the course, participants receive a Statement of Completion, plus have a robust portfolio of projects to showcase their skills to potential employers. The Statement of Completion is not a qualification recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework.